In this brief guide, we will address the query, “what to eat with popcorn shrimp?” We will also discuss what popcorn shrimp is, how it is made, and an excellent recipe to prepare it.
What to eat with popcorn shrimp?
Popcorn shrimp is tender shrimp that were coated with a seasoned breading and then they were fried until golden. But what can boost this dish? There are a few suggestions that will blow your mind.
- If you are looking for a wider meal, do not miss out on the opportunity to add popcorn shrimp to your favorite
Feel free to add all of the ingredients you prefer and seasonings too.
- Now, if popcorn shrimp are the main delicacy, a few dressings and sauces will boo their flavor, you can use:
- Remoulade sauce.
- Sweet Chili sauce.
- Marinara sauce.
- Lemon alioli.
There are too many options when it comes to finding the perfect pair for your popcorn shrimp, you only need to let your imagination fly. Popcorn shrimp are known for their golden and crispy flavor which is the perfect bite.
Tell us if you have ever tried these tiny snacks, and tell us about your favorite food to pair it with.
What are popcorn shrimp?
Popcorn shrimp are delicious snacks made with the smallest shrimp, to be bite-sized. These delicacies can be easily found in several restaurants and bars, or you can even prepare them at home.
All you need to do is to prepare your shrimps to be covered with breading, to then be submitted to a frying process. Another important factor for this recipe is the seasoning you choose, it will make a huge difference, believe me.
Eating any dish that includes shrimps in a restaurant can cause discomfort as you are not certain about how well the shrimps were cleaned. Shrimps are scavengers which means they feed on
- Decaying plant matter.
The truth is that it is not necessary to define the shrimp, but this is commonly done to achieve a cleaner look. However, many people all around the world spend time tediously removing each vein.
The shrimp shells are also removed, but you do not need to get rid of them so fast! You can still prepare some seafood stock by boiling them for about 20 minutes. The shells of the shrimp hold most of the flavor of the shrimp.
How to prepare popcorn shrimp?
Once you have deveined and removed the shells of your shrimps, it is time to start with this famous recipe. According to Belly Full, the ingredients needed to prepare popcorn shrimp are
- Shrimp. Of course, you will need raw shrimp, make sure that is peeled and deveined with their tails off.
- Flour. This ingredient will provide your shrimps with a protective layer.
- Seasonings. These ingredients should not be missed as they will boost the flavor of the recipe, pick your favorite species and go crazy.
- Milk. It will be needed for the mixture, it will also add that creamy base.
- Egg. Eggs are needed to give flour something to adhere to, they will also help to make shrimp tender.
- Vegetable oil. I recommend you to choose carefully the oil you use for frying, it is better to go with healthier options. If you want to get further guidance on this subject, make sure you check this article.
What are some tips to prepare the best popcorn shrimp?
Only by following a few tips, you will guarantee that your popcorn shrimp are out of this world. So, make sure you attend to these suggestions.
- Use raw fresh shrimp. If you use cooked shrimp, you will end up with popcorn that is hard to chew.
- Wait until you have the best frying temperature. The thing about fried food is that you need to wait until the oil reaches a temperature of 350°F, otherwise your dish will be too greasy.
- Dry the shrimp before coating. If your shrimps are wet, your mix of flour will not adhere properly.
- Fry in batches. It is better to give each little shrimp their time in the oil, this will help you get nice and crispy shrimp.
What is the best seasoning for popcorn shrimp?
Even though you are not forced to season your shrimps before frying them, if you do, you will never go back. Some of the most common seasonings used for this dish are:
- Italian seasoning.
- Old Bay seasoning.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “what to eat with popcorn shrimp?” We have also discussed how to prepare popcorn shrimp and other queries related to the subject at hand.
Hope you found this blog useful. If you have any questions, please let us know.