In this brief guide, we will address the query, “what to eat 30 minutes before a workout?” We will also discuss what is the recommended pre-workout nutrition according to the activity you will do.
What to eat 30 minutes before a workout?
This will depend entirely on the workout you intend to do. Food will provide you with the energy needed to accomplish your whole routine, but you need to consider diverse factors, such as the time in which you will exercise and the intensity of your routine.
If you decide to work out in the morning, remember that your body has not received any nutrients in several hours, so it is not advisable to do your routine without getting any food. Eat a small snack, like some fruit with yogurt or milk with toast, about 30 minutes before your routine.
If you work out after having an important meal, you need to let your body digest the food, so, wait about 2 to 3 hours. Now, if you work out in between meals, a small snack will help you get the energy you need to exercise.
However, keep in mind that these recommendations do not apply to the entire population, all of our bodies are different, and your tolerance for food before working out is something that you need to figure out.
If you have eaten a snack before working out and you do not feel well when you start to exercise, you should rest for a few minutes before going deeper in your routine.
What should you generally eat before working out?
Working out is important to get the physique of your dreams, but that is only a small part to achieve it. What you eat during the day and before working out is also crucial to help you reach your goals.
You must keep a healthy and balanced diet to get all of the nutrients your body needs. Fats, proteins, fiber, and carbs are really important when it comes to giving your body what it needs to keep going.
Some of the most recommended snacks to eat before working out are
- Toast with peanut butter and banana slices. This is the favorite snack for most athletes, it is delicious, and you do not need more than a couple of minutes to make it. Also, it is a complete food, it contains carbs, protein, sugars, and potassium.
- Chicken thighs with rice and veggies. This is the typical gym food, and it is not surprising as it is a complete meal! Also, your digestion will be positively affected.
- Oatmeal with protein and fruits. Oatmeal is a complete food that only takes a couple of minutes to be made. If you add some protein powder and fruit, you will get a more complete snack.
- Avocado toast with eggs. Whether you prefer scrambled or fried, this snack will help you to grow muscle and get a lot of energy to get you through your whole routine.
- Protein smoothie. If you are running late, this is the perfect snack for you! Choose the milk you want and your favorite fruits. You can also add some protein powder, peanut butter, or even some leafy greens! What is your preferred recipe for smoothies?
We are not the same, it is important you take the time to figure out what works for you.
Why is it important to eat before working out?
Eating before working out will help you get the energy you need to complete your routine, especially if you do
- Resistance training.
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT).
- Lifting weights.
Keep in mind that you need to eat a small snack, if you ingest a larger meal, you will need to wait for a couple of hours to prevent vomiting and nausea. Once again, find what works for you! Keep in mind that the snack of your preference needs to contain fat, protein, and carbs.
What supplements can you take before working out?
If you have ever visited the gym, you might have noticed that some athletes use supplements to enhance their performance. Some of the most popular supplements are
- Creatine. This substance has been proven to provide energy, help with increasing muscle mass and muscle strength, and also, it helps to prevent fatigue.
- Caffeine. Coffee is one of the favorite beverages for most athletes, this is because this substance can improve their performance and also is helpful to burn fat. If you want to read more about this subject, click here.
If you want to read more about this subject, make sure you check the Healthline site.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “what to eat 30 minutes before a workout?” We have also discussed what is the best pre-workout nutrition for the activity you will do.
Hope you found this blog useful. If you have any questions, please let us know.