In this brief article, we will answer the question, “What time does McDonald’s stop serving breakfast?” and provide information on why McDonald’s breakfast items are not available for 24 hours, whether an all-day breakfast is served by them, and some breakfast items as well as beverages that can be ordered there.
What time does McDonald’s stop serving breakfast?
McDonald’s stops serving breakfast at 11 am. However, timings can vary depending on days and location. On Fridays, Mcdonald’s stops serving breakfast at 11:30 am. In some locations, McDonald’s can begin serving breakfast at 11:00 am.
Initially, Mcdonald’s used to stop serving breakfast by 10:30 am. However, they extended the time to take orders till 11 am in 2019. Some locations in Kansas and Texas have breakfast available till 11 am only on weekends.
Why are McDonald’s breakfast items not available for 24 hours?
McDonald’s breakfast items are not available for 24 hours because the kitchens do not have much space. The kitchen is unable to accommodate ingredients used for preparing breakfast items with other regular items.
Food items prepared for the breakfast menu are cooked and prepared in a different manner. Temperatures used for cooking breakfast are different compared to other meals too.
Did McDonald’s previously serve an all-day breakfast?
Yes, McDonald’s did serve an all-day breakfast. It was conducted in October 2015 called breakfast fare.
However, when Covid hit, the restaurant removed all-day breakfast from its menu. The halt was done to make for kitchen space and improve the accuracy of serving orders.
Yet, there are certain locations that might still be serving an all-day breakfast though it has been largely discontinued. In some locations, there is an all-day breakfast menu but the options can be limited.
What are some breakfast items present on McDonald’s menu?
- Egg McMuffin is one of the most popular breakfast items present on the breakfast menu of McDonald’s. A freshly cracked egg is placed on the patty which is then topped with butter, followed by bacon and American cheese.
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit breakfast sandwich contains biscuits, pasteurized cheese, smoked bacon, folded eggs, salted butter, and clarified butter. The biscuit is brushed with butter.
Above this buttery bread, bacon is placed. Fluffy eggs and cheese are then added on top of bacon which is then topped with another buttery bread.
- Sausage McMuffin with eggs consists of a hot sausage that is topped with American cheese and cracked eggs. Apart from this, there are sausage biscuits and sausage biscuits with eggs available too.
- Bacon, Eggs, and Cheese McGriddles consist of soft pancakes flavored with maple syrup. The filling consists of smoky bacon, folded egg, and American cheese. Butter can be applied to pancakes before the fillings are added.
Variations of this include Sausage Mcgriddles (having a filling of sausages with pancakes) and Sausage egg with cheese mcgriddles (containing a combination of sausage, eggs, and cheese with pancakes).
- A big breakfast in McDonald’s can consist of a fully satisfying meal. It has hashbrowns, warm biscuits, scrambled eggs, and sausages. A big breakfast meal can be served with hotcakes too.
- Hotcakes are similar to pancakes but sweet maple syrup is poured over them. It is topped with whipped butter. There are 3 golden hotcakes served on a single plate. If you do not find this filling, order hotcakes with sausages or a Big breakfast.
- Fruit and maple oatmeal contains whole grain oats served with fruits, cream, and brown sugar. The fruits added include green apples and cranberries. Raisins are added too. This breakfast option is healthiest compared to other ones and it has only 320 calories.
- Sausage Burrito consists of a filling of scrambled eggs, cheese, pork sausage, onions, and chiles wrapped in a tortilla.
- Hash browns can be another food item that you can order for breakfast. Hashbrowns are crisper from the outside and softer from the inside. You can order them with A Big Breakfast.
What are some beverages served at McDonald’s?
Some beverages that can be served at McDonald’s are Minute Maid Strawberry Watermelon Slushie, Mango Slushie, Coke, Sprite, Fanta, Diet Coke, Orange Lavaburst, Unsweetened Ice Tea, Honest Organic juice drink, tea, and hot chocolate.
Among smoothies, strawberry banana smoothies and mango pineapple smoothies can be ordered. There is premium orange juice that can be ordered too.
Among the shakes, chocolate and vanilla shakes can be ordered. There are also McCafe drinks that you can order including cappuccino, mocha, latte, americano, etc.
In this brief article, we have answered the question, “What time does McDonald’s stop serving breakfast?” and provided information on why McDonald’s breakfast items are not available for 24 hours, whether an all-day breakfast is served by them, and some breakfast items as well as beverages that can be ordered there.