In this brief article, we will answer the question, “What sauces does Popeyes offer?” and provide information on whether you can buy them as well as how to make Popeyes sauces at home.
What sauces does Popeyes offer?
Bayou buffalo, Bold BBQ, Sweet heat, Buttermilk ranch, and Wild honey mustard are some of the sauces that Popeyes offer. Blackened Ranch, Creole cocktail, and Mardi gras mustard can also be offered by Popeyes.
The BBQ sauce has a sweet and tangy flavor. Buttermilk ranch as its name goes has the flavor of buttermilk.
Other sauces offered are Chili sauce, Tartar sauce, Blackened Ranch, and Sweet heat. Chili sauce has a combination of sweet and spicy flavors.
Tartar has a creamy flavor and consists of onion, parsley as well as Louisiana seasonings. Blackened Ranch and Sweet heat are the most popular sauces in Popeyes.
Can you buy Popeyes sauces?
It is not possible to buy Popeyes sauces. Order a meal to obtain sauces. However, you can try to prepare Popeyes sauces at home.
There are many copycat recipes available. Even though these copycat recipes might not taste similar to real sauces it is still worth a try to experience them.
How to make Popeye sauces at home?
You can follow these copy-cat recipes to prepare Popeye sauces at home.
- Mardi gras mustard sauce: In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tsp horseradish, 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning, ½ tsp crushed red pepper, 1 tsp brown mustard, 1 tbsp whole grain mustard, 2 tsp brown sugar, and 1 tsp garlic powder.
Whisk them well. You can keep the bowl in the fridge to allow them to cool. Take them out from the fridge after a while and consume them with main meals.
- Blackened Ranch: In a bowl, add ½ cup of mayonnaise, ½ cup of sour cream, and ¼ cup of buttermilk. Mix them well.
You can then add 1 tbsp blackened seasoning along with 1 tbsp ranch dressing to the bowl and continue to mix them well. Keep them in the fridge and allow them to chill for a while before using them later on.
Instead of buttermilk, you can add a mixture of vinegar, lemon juice, and milk. For this purpose, boil the milk and add vinegar along with lemon juice to the milk and cook for 5 minutes. You can substitute this mixture for buttermilk.
- Sweet heat sauce: In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1 tsp paprika powder, 2 tbsp brown sugar, and 1 tsp cayenne pepper. You can keep them in a fridge and cool them for 1-2 days. Remove from the fridge when you wish to use them.
- BBQ sauce: In a small bowl, mix 2 cups of ketchup, ¼ cup of brown sugar, ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp Stone House seasoning, and 1 tsp hot sauce.
Mix them well and add them to a saucepan. Heat them in medium heat and allow them to simmer for 10 minutes. Allow them to cool before keeping them in the fridge.
- Tartar sauce: In a bowl, whisk a cup of mayonnaise, 1 tsp capers, 2 tbsp chopped scallions, 2 tbsp chopped shallots, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, ½ cup of pickles, and 4-5 drops of Tabasco sauce.
Add a little bit of salt and pepper to the Tartar sauce. You can add 2 tsp of lemon juice to Tartar sauce too.
- Wild honey mustard: in a bowl, mix ¼ cup of honey, ⅓ cup of mayonnaise, 2 tbsp white distilled vinegar, ¼ cup of Dijon mustard, and 1 tsp cayenne pepper. Mix them well till they have a smoother texture.
- Bayou Buffalo sauce: Keep the saucepan over heat. Lower the heat and add 1 ½ cup of red hot sauce, 2 tbsp white vinegar, 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp paprika. Add salt to taste.
Allow the mixture to warm up but do not boil the sauce. Add butter and stir well till it melts. Mix them well and add a pinch of salt to taste.
If you keep sauce inside the fridge, it can thicken a bit. Simply place them in a microwave and heat them for 30 seconds to use them again.
Make sure to only cook sauce over low heat. This is because there is a risk of the butter separating and the sauce becoming too greasy.
- Creole cocktail: Mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch with 2 tbsp of water. In a saucepan, add ¼ cup of hot water, ¼ cup of tomato sauce, ¼ cup of tomato paste, 1 tsp hot pepper sauce, salt, cloves, and pepper. Cook for a period of 20 minutes.
In a skillet, add celery, onions, and peppers. Saute for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce to these veggies and serve.
In this brief article, we have answered the question, “What sauces does Popeyes offer?” and provided information on whether you can buy them as well as how to make Popeye sauces at home.