In this brief article, we will answer the question, “What is the KFC logo?” and provide information on who Colonel Sanders is, what could be the color and font of KFC, the popularity of its logo as well as the significance of its logo.
What is the KFC logo?
The KFC logo consists of a portrait of Colonel Sanders with three letters “K”, “F”, and “C” written in italics. The KFC logo has gone through a lot of changes. Let us look at some of the changes given below:
- The first KFC logo was a bit different. The first logo had a portrait of Colonel Sanders on the right side with “Kentucky Fried Chicken” written in big bold letters on the left side. This logo was featured from the year 1952 to 1978.
- The second logo (featured from the year 1978-1991), positioned Sanders’ portrait on the left side with Kentucky Fried Chicken featured in the form of 3 steps on the right. The font was changed to give a more modern outlook and the “K” of Kentucky had an extended tail.
- From the year 1991 to 1997, the logo changed considerably. “Kentucky Fried Chicken” was abbreviated to “KFC.” The Colonel’s portrait appeared in blue and white color and “KFC” was written in bright red color.
- From the year 1997 to 2006, the KFC logo appears in red letters in the downright section of Colonel Sander’s tuxedo. The Colonel is featured in white whereas the background is in red.
- From 2006 to 2014, the KFC logo appeared in form of a circle. Inside the circle, Colonel Sanders wore a red-colored apron with a white shirt. KFC logo appeared to the right of the Colonel’s face.
- From 2014 to 2018, the KFC logo came in a monochrome version that resembles the 1952 version. A smiling Colonel Sanders is featured with a bowtie. Below his face, KFC is featured in italicized form.
- After the year of 2018, KFC was featured in a trapeze form. Colonel Sanders’ face with a bowtie appeared in a monochrome format (This is the present logo).
The background is a combination of white and red stripes wherein Sanders is featured against a white background and there are two red stripes on his left and right side.
Below these 3 stripes, KFC is written against a white background in italicized black letters.
Who is Colonel Sanders?
Colonel Sanders is most prominently featured in the KFC logo. He is the founder of KFC. He initially started by selling fried chicken in a restaurant present in Kentucky. He discovered a secret recipe for making chicken in a pressure fryer.
Once Sanders understood the franchising concept, he opened his first franchise in South Salt Lake of Utah.
A fictionalized Sanders appeared in KFC commercials and advertising campaigns even after his death.
What is the color and font of KFC?
Three basic colors have been used for the logo. These are red, black, and white. The colors have remained the same but the shade of red has darkened a bit. In terms of font, KFC has been written in an italicized format. It has become simpler now
How popular is the KFC logo?
The logo of a company helps people connect customers to the company. Outside every KFC restaurant, KFC’s logo is featured to help customers identify them. KFC has licensed its logos and is able to obtain profits from them.
Apart from this, popular TV commercials or advertisements also feature KFC’s logo. Some apparel of KFC might not contain the logo.
What is the significance of KFC’s logo?
KFC’s logo is the identity of the company. It helps to create an impression on their customers. Throughout their logo, their smiling face of Sanders has remained the same. This warm smiling face can help give a friendly and welcoming impression to customers.
Apart from this, customers can identify and judge companies by their logos as well. KFC has a bold red color with Colonel Sander’s smiling face indicating charm, energy, dynamism, and depth.
A company also sells its story through its logo. As Colonel Sanders is featured in this logo, it indirectly tells the story of Sanders who started the company at age of 65.
KFC’s logo can also help set them apart from its competitors. KFC has a well-designed and professional logo that can help attract people to the company (apart from food).
KFC also uses its logo to market itself in advertisements, its products, etc which makes them stand apart from its competitors.
In this brief article, we have answered the question, “What is the KFC logo?” and provided information on who Colonel Sanders is, what could be the color and font of KFC, the popularity of the KFC logo as well as the significance of its logo.