This brief article will answer the questions: what happens if you eat a banana every morning, what other foods can you eat in the morning, what are the benefits of eating bananas in the morning, what are bananas, and what are their uses. We will explore how bananas are prepared, and their nutrient composition.
What happens if you eat a banana every morning?
Bananas are a healthy snack and their daily consumption aids in improving digestion. They are also rich in nutrients such as potassium which are essential for the body. The consumption of bananas daily helps in digestion and maintaining essential body nutrients.
What are the benefits of eating bananas in the morning?
They help in improving blood sugar levels. They are a quick snack for diabetic people and help maintain blood sugar levels. This is because bananas contain 12% natural sugar that can be directly absorbed in the blood as it is a simple sugar.
Bananas are rich in dietary fiber. Fier helps improve bowel; movements thus improving digestion in general. It also enhances the synthesis of cholesterol in the gut thus improving hormonal and cardio health.
They also aid in weight loss through improved digestion by the presence of fiber. Unripe bananas contain complex starch that enhances the body to burn fat, thus helping in weight loss.
Bananas also contain antioxidants which help in the control and prevention of autoimmune diseases through reduced inflammations and reduced amounts of free radicals.
What other foods can you eat in the morning?
Other very nutritious foods can be eaten in the morning. They include
- Eggs. chicken, quail, or duck eggs can be prepared for consumption in the morning. They are rich in proteins and fats. They also contain cholesterol which helps in the improvement of cardio health. They are also easy to prepare.
- Yogurt. This is fermented milk. Yogurt is an excellent source of probiotics. Probiotics help improve digestion, improve the microbial flora of the gut, and are also rich in calcium for strong bones. It mostly doesn’t need any preparation as it is ready-made.
- Coffee. These are beverages made from coffee berries. They are mainly used as stimulants as coffee berries contain caffeine which stimulates brain cells. Coffee is also associated with other functions such as alertness, improved moods, and increased mental and physical performance, and they also contain anti-inflammatory properties.
- Oatmeal. These are cereals that can be taken with milk. They contain large amounts of dietary fiber which helps in digestion and improves bowel movement.
- Chia seeds. These are used as calcium supplements. They can be used as an additive in preparing coffee or tea. They are a good snack and don’t need much preparation.
- Berries. These are nice snacks. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, and water. Some of the berries include grapes, blueberries, and strawberries. They only need to be washed before eating them.
- Toast. This is a snack made of toasted bread through a toaster. It has a sweet crunchy feeling. They are easily compatible with eggs, avocados, and cheese.
What is the nutrient composition of bananas?
Bananas are high-calorie foods. They contain about 90kcal per 100g. They are also rich in nutrients such as fats, cholesterol, sodium, potassium, fiber, sugar, proteins, and a significant amount of vitamins.
The table below shows the various nutrients in bananas and their concentrations.
|Vitamins||35% of the dietary value.|
Fats and sugar act as energy sources in the body. Fats are also broken down to ketones which are used in the revitalization of brain cells. Potassium and sodium are essential electrolytes that help in maintaining osmotic pressure in the body.
Bananas also contain carbohydrates which comprise dietary fiber and sugar. Fiber is essential in the body as it aids in digestion by enhancing bowel movement. Proteins are used as the building blocks of the body. They aid in the repair of worn-out tissues and also in growth and development.
Vitamins present serve as antioxidants that help the body in getting rid of free radicals which cause inflammations and may lead to autoimmune diseases such as cancer and arthritis.
How are bananas prepared?
Unripe bananas can be roasted in hot ash covered with hot charcoal or bonfire. They can also be peeled and boiled for 10-15 minutes and they are ready to eat. Ripe bananas are washed and dried, they do not need any further preparation except peeling and eating.
Here are some more ways to prepare bananas.
What are the uses of bananas?
The following are the uses of bananas.
- They are used in therapeutic diets to raise blood sugar.
- They are also used as appetizers and desserts to boost digestion.
- Bananas are used in the making of juices, puddings, and salads.
This brief article has answered the questions: what happens if you eat a banana every morning, what other foods can you eat in the morning, what are the benefits of eating bananas in the morning, what are bananas, and what are their uses. We have also explored how bananas are prepared, and their nutrient composition.