In this brief article, we will answer the question, “What does the delivery date will be provided as soon as possible mean?” and provide information on some factors that can influence delivery dates, what you need to look for while choosing a delivery service as well as the difference between shipping and delivery dates.
What does the delivery date will be provided as soon as possible mean?
The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible means that the company is determining the delivery date as they have not received the package yet.
Sometimes, they might have your package with them but the delivery date might get postponed because of weather, holidays, or rush hours.
If there is a change in the delivery date because of any issues, a rescheduled delivery date might be provided.
If you do not receive your package and there is no change in this message for a week, it is better to contact the seller.
In some cases, especially if you are shipping the order internationally, your package can get lost. In such cases, contacting the seller can help you get a refund.
What are some factors that can influence delivery dates?
- Transit times and shipping destinations can be one of the factors that influence delivery dates. If the delivery destination is longer, it can take a longer time to deliver goods. Sometimes, there are options to fasten the delivery date.
Paying extra cash for fast delivery can speed up delivery. This can include options like overnight shipping.
- Federal holidays can be another factor that can slow down the delivery date. This is because the companies might be taking off on those holidays which can delay shipment.
If you are shipping goods abroad, you might be unaware of any holidays present in that country.
For instance, in the US, Independence day on July 4, Christmas day on December 25, New year’s day on January 1, and many other holidays can delay delivery.
- Weather can be another factor that delays your delivery. Heavy rains, snow, or any other natural causes can be a cause of slow delivery. Hurricanes can be another cause in certain areas.
- If you are shipping your goods internationally, there can be other factors that affect your delivery. It can take days and weeks for customs to get the delivery done quickly.
Sometimes, your goods can end up at customs and it can get a longer time to clear. If you are using delivery services like USPS (United States Postal Service), it might take a longer time to deliver goods.
- The shipment might be undergoing a departure scan especially if the products are being shipped internationally. This might take a little bit of time.
- UPS (United Parcel Service) delivery service can sometimes give packages to the postal service. This can increase the time of delivery.
What do you need to look for while choosing a delivery service?
While choosing a delivery service, look for the following factors:
- Some delivery services offer a quick delivery option. You might need to pay for the premium delivery service but if it is urgent, the goods will reach you in no time!
- Some delivery websites would offer an estimated delivery time. This prevents the excess waiting period and you can accordingly plan your schedule. You do not need to guess or calculate anything. Plus tracking options can help you keep track of your order.
- Warehouse centers can help reduce your delivery charges. If you have the warehouse of the company close to you, some companies might provide an option to deliver the package to their warehouse. This can reduce your delivery charges. It can also fasten the delivery.
Are both the shipping dates and delivery dates the same?
No, they are actually different. If you have same-day delivery, it might end up being the same. However, if it is more than one-day delivery, then the shipping date indicates the date on which the products are packed and ready to be delivered to the customer.
The delivery date is the day on which the products will reach the customer. Both shipping and delivery dates can vary depending on your location, weather, etc.
On the other hand, the estimated shipment date would be an approximate date on which the products are ready to be shipped to the customer. The estimated delivery date is a date on which the customers can expect their goods to come.
In this brief article, we have answered the question, “What does the delivery date will be provided as soon as possible mean?” and provided information on some factors that can influence delivery dates, what you need to look for while choosing a delivery service as well as the difference between shipping and delivery dates.