This brief article will answer the questions: is it okay to eat ice cream everyday, what are the risks of eating ice cream everyday, what is ice cream, what is the nutrient composition of ice cream, and what are the benefits of eating ice cream?
Is it okay to eat ice cream everyday?
No. it is not recommended to eat ice cream on a daily basis. This is because ice cream contains lots of sugar and calories that in the long term cause insulin resistance that later leads to cancer and diabetes. The calories present may also lead to obesity due to their conversion to fats.
What are the risks of eating ice cream everyday?
Eating excessive ice cream leads to tooth damage. Ice Cream is soft and cold. This when administered daily, causes insensitivity and blood dilation which affects nerves present in teeth. This usually results in sensitive teeth, bleeding gums and other periodontal diseases due to excess sugar in the mouth that encourages growth of microbes.
High sugar diets such as ice cream disrupt the circadian cycle of sleep. High blood sugar distracts the formation of serotonin and melatonin which aid the body in relaxing and overall induces sleep.
Ice Cream consumption on a daily basis disrupts the normal working of neurotransmitters in the brain. These transmitters include dopamine and endorphins. They are also referred to as pleasure hormones. They are activated by the consumption of food, this leading to defective receptors for the neurotransmitters.
High calorie foods such as ice cream lead to weight gain. They contain high amounts of calories that enable the body to build fats that eventually lead to obesity. They also cause disruptions in the formation of insulin leading to insulin resistance that eventually leads to diseases like cancer through the MH2 pathway.
Eating a lot of ice cream on a daily basis raises blood sugar levels and may lead to an increased chance of a heart attack. This is because blood sugar tends to thicken blood thus making it harder for the heart to pump it leading to high blood pressure and a heart attack.
What is ice cream?
These are sweetened frozen foods. They are made from milk, cream, artificial sweeteners, and fruits such as strawberries and peaches. It is usually served as a snack or a dessert. Sometimes artificial food colorings are used. The ingredients are made into an emulsion that is frozen.
What is the nutrient composition of ice cream?
For a product to be referred to as ice cream they must comprise of:
- At least 10% milk fat. Milk offers essential proteins that are used as building blocks in the body.Milk also provides ample fat that serves as an energy source and also offers ketones that are essential for brain development.
- 10% non-fat milk solids. This is the liquid part of milk that is rich in vitamins and minerals. It also contains significant amounts of simple sugars such as lactose that provides energy in the body.
- 12-16% sweeteners. These may consist of simple sugars such as glucose, sucrose, and corn syrup.
- 0.5% stabilizers and emulsifiers. Sugars tend to clump together in the presence of water and may form curds. These chemicals help in stabilizing them and help maintain them in a semisolid state.
- 60% and above water. This ensures the mixture is called ice cream as it is the component that solidifies ice cream to a block or a semi-aqueous solution.
What are the benefits of eating ice cream?
Ice cream is a good source of calories. If you are looking to increase your calorie intake you should consider ice cream. It contains an average of 275 kilocalories per 100 grams for each flavor of ice cream.
Ice cream is also loaded with minerals and vitamins that are essential in the body. Some of them include vitamin D, vitamin A, calcium, phosphorus, and antioxidants such as flavonoids found in chocolate.
They are a good source of energy as they have a high-calorie content and sugar. It also helps in stimulating the brain. This is through the rebalancing of neurotransmitters such as dopamine which is controlled by pleasure and eating.
This brief article has answered the questions: is it okay to eat ice cream everyday, what are the risks of eating ice cream everyday, what is ice cream, what is the nutrient composition of ice cream, and what are the benefits of eating ice cream?