In this brief article, we will answer the question, “How to reduce lower body fat?” and provide information on whether HIIT and cardio can reduce lower body fat as well as other factors that can aid in reducing fat.
How to reduce lower body fat?
You can reduce lower body fat by indulging in strength training exercises. Lifting weights can help in strengthening hand and leg muscles too. Strength training was also helpful in reducing abdominal body fat.
Visceral fat can be reduced too if you indulge in regular strength training exercises. Make sure to perform them twice a week.
Apart from weight lifting, other ways to reduce body fat can include the usage of exercise bands, gym machines, and indulging in yoga.
Can HIIT help in reducing body fat?
HIIT can refer to High-Intensity Interval Training exercises. These exercises mix low-intensity exercises with moderate-intensity exercises.
It aids in burning calories and reduces fat, especially in the stomach, buttocks, and thighs. Indulging in HIIT can aid in reducing 30 percent more fat compared to other forms of exercise.
Can cardio exercises reduce lower body fat?
Yes, cardio exercises can aid in reducing lower body fat. Some forms of cardio are running, dancing, walking, and kickboxing. Such exercises can strengthen your lungs and heart.
Make sure to indulge in 20-40 minutes of cardio each day. This can aid in reducing visceral fat in the abdomen as well. Biking, running, and swimming can aid in losing fat too.
What are the other factors that can reduce lower body fat?
- Protein can aid in the development of muscles. Besides, protein boosts metabolism which can further facilitate fat loss.
Protein is found in lean meat, seafood, beans, poultry, nuts, peas, and dairy. Proteins from non-vegetarian sources are more bioavailable compared to plant sources. Protein also promotes satiety which can further promote fat loss.
- Control the amount of fats that you consume. Monounsaturated fats (MUFA) are good fats. MUFA is found in avocados, nuts, and seeds. It can also be found in olive oil, peanut oil, rice bran oil, and canola oil.
MUFA can increase levels of HDL and reduce LDL levels. Even though these fats are healthy, it is essential to still consume them in moderation.
Reduce consumption of saturated and polyunsaturated fats. Instead of consuming whole-fat products, opt for ones that are low in fat.
- Consume complex carbs over refined carbs. This is because refined grains or food products do not contain enough bran or germ. Complex carbs contain fiber which can aid in satiety.
Refined carbs are found in baked goods, refined cereals, and processed goods. Apart from a lack of fiber, these foods can increase blood sugar levels quickly. Thus, they are not recommended for diabetic people either.
- Opt for foods with soluble fiber. Soluble fiber can reduce the transit time of food from the intestine which can make you feel full for a longer time.
Individuals who increased the consumption of soluble fiber by 10 grams significantly reduced their lower body weight according to multiple studies. Consume foods like fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and whole grains.
- Reduce consumption of sugary foods or beverages. Opt to consume whole fruits instead of fruit juices.
Do not consume soda or other readymade juices. Instead, you can consume coconut water if you feel dehydrated. Do not consume sweetened coffee or coffee with added cream if you wish to reduce weight.
- Alcohol can contain a lot of calories too. Alcohol contains empty calories which have been associated with abdominal obesity. Alcohol can also prevent individuals from eating properly which can increase the risk of nutritional deficiencies.
You can swap alcohol for unflavored green tea. The catechins present in green tea can help in boosting metabolism and aid in losing weight.
- Probiotics can aid in the growth of good bacteria in the gut. In multiple studies, researchers have found that the addition of probiotic supplements to the diet reduced body fat.
Some of the foods that contain probiotics include yogurt, tempeh, sauerkraut, kefir, and kombucha.
- Coffee contains caffeine which might aid in boosting your metabolism. According to some studies, caffeine can increase metabolism by 3-11 percent. Make sure to consume coffee without added sugar or cream.
Do not consume too much coffee either. Instead, consume only 2-3 cups of coffee a day. French press coffee and Turkish coffee are some examples of coffee that contain high levels of caffeine.
- Adequate sleep has been linked to weight maintenance. Lack of sleep is likely to trigger hunger hormones that can cause you to overeat.
In this brief article, we have answered the question, “How to reduce lower body fat?” and provided information on whether HIIT and cardio can reduce lower body fat as well as other factors that can aid in reducing fat.