In this short article, we will provide an answer to the question “How to cook canned corned beef hash in the oven?” and the information on some tips to prepare this recipe.
How to cook canned corned beef hash in the oven?
Fill a microwave-safe container halfway with canned corned beef hash and microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until the corned beef hash is hot. While the corned beef hash is cooking, give it a few gentle stirs now and then.
Here is a detailed recipe:
- 350 gms canned corn beef
- 250 gms potatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 eggs
- Parsley for garnishing
- Salt as required
- Pepper as required
- Half of the corned beef hash should be divided between two ovenproof bowls that carry approximately 16 ounces of the dish.
- Press the hash into the bowls, much as if you were making a pie crust.
- The hash will be around 12 inches in thickness.
- Heat the oven to 350°F and bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Crack two eggs into each bowl and place them on top of the hash.
- Toss in a couple of shakes of Worcestershire sauce into each serving bowl.
- 2 ounces of swiss cheese should be sprinkled on top of the eggs.
- Bake for another 8 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking, then remove from the oven.
- Serve with horseradish, either smoked or plain.
- This dish yields 2 servings, so plan accordingly.
What are some tips for preparing corn beef hash?
Following are the tips for preparing corn beef hash:
- Rather than cooking your eggs in the oven, fry them in a pan so that the yolk is still runny.
- It is possible to prepare the aforementioned recipe in a cast-iron dish, which is ideal for use in both a pan and an oven.
- Heat both sides of the corn beef hash in a skillet to make the corn beef hash crispier.
- Butter should be avoided when cooking because of its low smoke point. It is possible to prepare corn beef hash in vegetable oils such as canola or corn oil.
- If your corn beef hash is sticking to the pan, increase the amount of oil you use to prevent the meal from becoming sticky again.
- If the canned beef hash becomes too dry, cover it with foil and bake it in the oven for a few minutes longer.
- It is possible to check whether the lower side of the corn beef hash has been cooked by rising it with a metal spatula. Depending on how well one side of the corned beef hash has browned, flip it over and lightly press it with a spatula to brown the other side.
- When incorporating the potatoes, avoid stirring the mixture. Using a spatula, spread the mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- If you have any leftover meat from the night before, you can mix it in with the canned beef and consume it that way. More delicious beef cuts would be those that have more fat.
- Use a lid to keep the eggs from drying out if your pan or skillet isn’t oven-safe. Cook for ten to fifteen minutes at low heat.
- It is important to cut the potatoes properly so that they cook uniformly.
- You can serve tinned beef hash with baked beans or vegetables such as peas, broccoli, or cabbage, in addition to baked beans.
How long does corned beef hash keep in the refrigerator?
If you make your beef hash, it will keep in the refrigerator for up to two days. When stored in the freezer, it will last for about 2-3 months. It is advisable to consume the heated canned corned beef hash within 2 to 3 days of it being prepared.
To freeze the corned beef hash, first, divide the meal into parts and then freeze each portion separately. Fill freezer bags halfway with beef hash and squeeze out all of the air before putting them in the freezer to set.
In this short article, we provided an answer to the question “How to cook canned corned beef hash in the oven?” and the information on some tips to prepare this recipe.