In this article, we are going to discuss “How much caffeine in diet pepsi?”. I will also discuss the caffeine content in some beverages and compare it to diet Pepsi. I will also add some health benefits to caffeine and some alternatives to diet Pepsi.
How much caffeine in diet Pepsi?
The caffeine content in a 12 fluid oz. diet Pepsi can is 36.7 milligrams. It is considered a low amount, there is also an option with a caffeine-free diet Pepsi without any caffeine in it.
What is the difference between regular Pepsi and diet Pepsi?
Regular Pepsi packs much more sugar than diet Pepsi. It contains 41 grams of sugar, while diet Pepsi contains 0 grams. The sugar in the regular soda is replaced with a sweetener, aspartame. It is not healthy to drink it regularly.
How does diet Pepsi differ from other caffeinated drinks?
Diet Pepsi has almost the same amount of caffeine as regular Pepsi has, they only differ in sugar content. The difference is less than 3 milligrams which are not noticeable.
Diet Coke contains more caffeine than diet Pepsi. The difference is a little under 10 milligrams of caffeine per can.
Coffee is the highest caffeinated drink with 95 milligrams per 12 oz, while diet coke is only 36.7 oz can. Coffee has two times and a half more caffeine than diet coke.
Green tea has much less caffeine than diet Pepsi. For example, Arizona Diet Green Tea contains 15 milligrams per 12 oz. it makes Arizona Diet Green Tea less caffeine by 2.5 times than diet Pepsi.
Pepsi zero has almost twice as much caffeine content as the diet Pepsi.
What are the benefits of caffeine?
- Caffeine contains no additives, no calories, no carbs, no protein, and no fat or preservatives.
- Caffeine is a stimulant. It increases your energy levels and makes you more awake and alert, thus reducing fatigue.
- Coffee consumption before a workout improves endurance and enhances recovery after a workout.
- Caffeine is used in some drugs to relieve headaches and migraines.
- Caffeine is neuroprotective, it protects nerves from degeneration.
- There is evidence that caffeine has a promising therapeutic effect on patients suffering from Parkinson’s disease.
- Caffeine showed promise as well in the protection against dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, 3 to 5 cups of coffee daily reduced the risk by 65% in the elderly.
- Caffeine has been shown to lessen the scarring in people with fatty liver disease.
- Caffeine has been shown to improve the effectiveness of some drugs. Those drugs include painkillers or analgesics like ibuprofen.
- Caffeine in moderate doses (200 milligrams) has been shown to improve memory and retention of information.
- Caffeine helps asthmatics as well by opening the airway and relieving bronchitis, it is shown to be a bronchodilator.
- Caffeine also prevents certain types of cancer (mouth, throat, colon, skin, and liver)
- Reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes in younger and middle-aged women.
- Reducing kidney stones because caffeine causes urinary calcium excretion that forms kidney stones.
What are some healthy alternatives to diet Pepsi?
Diet Pepsi is not the healthiest choice to consider when you want to quench your thirst. There are far more healthy and beneficial alternatives you can go for. Some of these alternatives include:
- Coffee: Coffee is a healthy alternative to diet Pepsi. All the health benefits of caffeine are applied to coffee since it contains no added sugar, sweetener, or preservatives. It is completely natural.
- Green or black tea is another healthy choice to consider. It contains less caffeine and is free from any chemicals or dyes or preservatives.
- Milk is a healthy alternative too. Low-fat milk or skimmed milk is better than whole-fat milk if you are watching your weight and trying to cut down some fat. It is rich in calcium, vitamin A and B12.
In this article, we discussed “Caffeine in Diet Pepsi”.I also discussed the caffeine content in some beverages and compared it to diet Pepsi. I also added some health benefits to caffeine and some alternatives to diet Pepsi.