In this brief guide, we will answer the question, “how many water bottles should I drink a day?” We will also discuss the effects of drinking too much water and also address why it is healthy to drink water.
How many water bottles should I drink a day?
The Institute of Medicine recommends that healthy men consume at least 3.7 liters (about 125 ounces) of fluid each day; this translates to seven water bottles in a day.
They recommend that healthy women consume at least 2.7 liters (about 90 ounces) of fluid each day. 10 cups of fluids like milk, juices and water are okay.
If you are breastfeeding, you need to drink even more. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that you drink at least 8 to 12 cups (1.9 to 2.8 liters) of fluids each day. For people who exercise and sweat, they might need to drink way more water.
Why is it healthy to drink water?
The body weight contains 60% water which is essential and involved in all the functions of the body. Therefore the common statement is that water is life.
Calorie levels can be controlled by drinking enough water. Often, people confuse thirst with hunger and end up eating when all they need is a glass of water.
Drinking water Can Help Boost Your Energy Levels and Brain Function Dehydration can lead to fatigue and make it difficult to concentrate.
Headaches can be relieved and prevented by drinking enough water. Headaches are mainly caused by dehydration. In case you get headaches a lot, try increasing your water intake.
Water is also helpful in lubricating joints and muscles. The body temperature is also regulated by drinking water especially after working out or when it is too hot outside.
For you to have a healthy digestive system, drinking water is important. Water helps in food breakdown and removing wastes from the body and hence preventing constipation
Water also helps to flush toxins out of your system, and it also helps to carry nutrients to your cells which is important for strengthening your immune system and your overall health. This can help to improve your overall health and strengthen your immune system.
Moreover, drinking water can help reduce the risk of kidney stones. These are small, hard deposits that form in the kidneys. They are often incredibly painful, and they can be difficult to pass.
What tips can help you drink more water?
Tips and routines that can help you drink more water to reach the recommended value include the following:
- Invest in a good water bottle that you can carry around with you throughout the day.
- Make sure to drink a glass of water first thing in the morning and throughout the day, especially during and after meals.
- Keep track of how much water you’re drinking by carrying around a water tracker or logging it in your phone.
- Instead of taking sugary foods like juices and soda, have a water bottle with you every time for drinking water regularly.
- Drink water when you’re feeling hungry – sometimes thirst can be mistaken for hunger also avoid caffeine and alcohol, which can dehydrate you.
- You do not have to be hungry to drink water, you can even set an interval using a stopwatch.
- If you’re struggling to drink enough water, add some flavor with lemon, cucumber, or mint.
- You can also try eating fruits like Watermelons, strawberries, grapes, and oranges. All these fruits have high water content. This means that they are composed of mostly water and are a good source of hydration.
What happens if you drink too much water?
Your stomach can bloat or you can have diarrhea. These can be caused by the body’s inability to process all of the water that has been consumed.
Nausea and vomiting may also occur if the person has consumed too much water too quickly.
Moreover, Hyponatremia is a serious condition that can occur if a person drinks too much water. This, in turn, lowers the sodium levels in the body causing a coma or seizure and in serious cases death.
In this brief guide, we have answered the question, “how many water bottles should I drink a day?” We have also discussed tips that can help you drink more water and the health benefits of drinking water.
Hope you find this blog useful, in case of any questions, please let us know