How many grams of protein are in a chicken breast?

In this brief blog, we will address the question,”How many grams of protein are in a chicken breast?” We will also discuss related topics such as the amount of grams in chicken thighs, chicken drumsticks,  and chicken wings.

How many grams of protein are in a chicken breast?

There are 31 grams of protein in every 100 grams of chicken breast which is skinless and cooked. Chicken breast also contains 165 calories in a 100 g serving size. 80 percent of the calories in a chicken breast come from the protein while the remeinder 20 percent comes from the fat.

Chicken breast is a favorite among weightlifters and bodybuilders that are looking to build muscles as well as people who are looking to shed off some weight. Chicken breasts are a good source of high quality protein and are low in calories and therefore you can consume more chicken without intaking a lot of calories.

How many grams of protein are in a chicken thigh?

There are 26 g of protein per 100 g of chicken thigh which is cooked, skinless and boneless. Chicken thighs are among one of the most popular cuts of meat and it is also much more affordable as compared to chicken breast.

Chicken thighs contain about 109 calories in a single thigh which is equivalent to 209 calories in every 100 grams. 53 percent of the calories contained in the chicken thighs come from the protein whereas the remainder 47 percent is from fat.

Chicken thighs tend to have a darker hue as compared to chicken breast. This comes from the fact that chicken legs are more active and also have a higher level of myoglobin. Myoglobin aids in provision of more oxygen to the active muscles and also gives them a much redder color.

How many grams of protein are in a chicken drumstick?

There are 28.3 g of protein per 100 g of chicken drumstick without the skin or the bones. The drumstick is usually the lower part of the chicken leg and is sometimes referred to as the calf.

The chicken drumstick also contains 76 calories in each drumstick which is equivalent to 172 calories in 100 grams. 70 percent of the calories are from the protein while the remainder of 30 percent is from the fat.

A lot of people love consuming drumsticks with the skin on especially for dried drumsticks as they are very crispy and crunchy. In this case, for a chicken drumstick with the skin on, it contains 112 calories with 53 percent of them being from the protein and the remainder 47 percent being from fat.

How many grams of protein are contained in a chicken wing?

The chicken wings are composed of 3 parts which are the wingette, the drummete and the wing tip. They are very popular and most people love having them as snacks or as bar foods.

A single chicken wing without the skin and the bones weighing 21 grams contains about 6.4 grams of protein. This is similar to 30.5 g of protein per 100 g of chicken wings.

Chicken wings also have about 42 calories in every single wing which is equivalent to 203 calories in every 100 grams. 64 percent of the calories in chicken wings come from the protein and the remainder 36 percent of the protein comes from the fat.

Similar to chicken drumsticks, a lot of people prefer to consume their chicken wings with the skin on. In this case, a chicken wing with the skin on contains about 99 calories whereby 39 percent of the calories are from the protein and the remainder 61 percent come from the fat.

Conclusion

In this brief blog we have addressed the question,”How many grams of protein are in a chicken breast?” We have also discussed related topics which are “How many grams of protein are contained in a chicken thigh?”, “How many grams of protein are contained in a chicken drumstick?” and “How many grams of protein are contained in a chicken wing?”

Citations

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/protein-in-chicken#TOC_TITLE_HDR_5

What was missing from this post which could have made it better?

Leave a Comment