In this brief article, we will answer the question, “How long does it take to lose face fat?” and provide information on exercises that can be performed to lose weight, whether aerobic exercises can be beneficial as well as other tips to lose weight.
How long does it take to lose face fat?
It can take more than 3-4 months to lose face fat. However, this varies from person to person. People can lose around 0.5 to 1 percent of body fat a week.
Generally, unlike other body parts, the face does not hold enough fat. This can vary from person to person. If you have a double chin, you can find it time-consuming to lose face fat.
Usually, face fat can reduce when a person’s body fat reduces by at least 20 percent. If you lose 25 percent body fat, only a double chin might be visible on your face. If you lose 30 percent body fat, your face can become angular and contain more muscles compared to fat.
What exercises can you perform to lose face fat?
There are many facial exercises that you can perform to lose face fat. However, unlike your arm or leg muscles, it can be difficult to directly involve face muscles.
An individual’s facial structure can be determined by their diet. If they grew up consuming foods that required them to chew a lot, they can have a well-defined jawline. If they grew up consuming foods that did not require them to chew much, they can end up with a round face.
One of the facial exercises that you can try includes puffing your face up and moving the air from one side of the mouth to another. You can indulge in facial exercises twice a day. This can help in improving facial muscles.
Can aerobic exercises help to lose face fat?
Aerobic exercises can aid in losing face fat. Many cardio exercises can lead to fat burning. According to multiple studies, women performing cardio-based exercises were seen to lose more fat compared to others who did not indulge in such exercises.
Indulge in at least 30 minutes of cardio each day. This can aid you in losing fat quickly. Some of the aerobic exercises that you can indulge in are running, cycling, dancing, swimming, and walking.
If you do not like going to the gym, brisk walking for 15-20 minutes can be beneficial too. Swimming can be particularly beneficial for obese people.
What are some other tips to lose face fat?
- Drinking water can be another way to lose facial fat. This is because drinking water can aid in satiety. This can prevent you from unnecessarily binging on foods.
If you do not like to consume water, you can indulge in broths, milkshakes, juices, etc. Make sure to not consume readymade drinks as they contain sugar.
Instead, consume homemade juices or beverages. Many readymade drinks are also carbonated. You can also consume vegetable juices instead of fruit juices too.
- Reduce consumption of alcohol. This is because alcohol can increase the risk of weight gain. A single gram of alcohol can contribute to 7 calories. Many people also have the habit of consuming fried foods along with alcohol. This can further cause weight gain.
Alcohol can have diuretic properties. This can result in increased urinary excretion. To control water loss, the body tends to retain water which can cause weight gain. Alcohol can increase abdominal fat levels too.
- Reduce the consumption of refined carbohydrates. Switching to whole carbs can increase weight loss. Whole carbs can be found in whole cereals, whole pulses, fruits, nuts, seeds, and veggies.
Fiber present in these foods can promote satiety. This can reduce appetite and further aid in weight management.
- Make sure to sleep well. Lack of sleep can increase weight. This is because reduced sleep can release a stress hormone called Cortisol. Cortisol can further cause an increase in weight.
Multiple studies have associated improved sleep quality with weight maintenance. Sleep deprivation can result in an increase in appetite and increased levels of hunger hormones.
- Limiting salt intake can be another step to take toward weight management. This is because salt can hold water resulting in water retention. This can further make your face look fat.
Salt is present in many sauces, dressings, canned foods, snacks, and processed foods. Thus, limiting salt intake can be beneficial.
- Try to manage stress levels. An increase in stress can cause you to binge eat.
In this brief article, we have answered the question, “How long does it take to lose face fat?” and provided information on exercises that can be performed to lose weight, whether aerobic exercises can be beneficial as well as other tips to lose weight.