In this brief article, we will answer the question, “Can you buy a rotisserie chicken from Walmart?” and provide information on the sodium content of the chicken, what exactly is rotisserie chicken, factors to consider before buying chicken from Walmart as well as timings in which they are available.
Can you buy a rotisserie chicken from Walmart?
Yes, you can buy a rotisserie chicken from Walmart. However, many people do not recommend buying chicken from Walmart.
This is because even though the rotisserie chickens of Walmart are considerably cheaper, the quantity of chicken is comparatively lesser. This means you would take home less than two pounds of chicken for 4.98 dollars.
You might be able to purchase a lot more meat for the same amount of money in other stores. Apart from this, there are mixed reviews on the flavor of rotisserie chicken present in Walmart.
Some people believe that the meat is flavorful whereas others feel that the chicken does not taste that good.
Some customers note that the fat levels in Walmart’s rotisserie chicken were too high. Others complained that the chicken was either undercooked or overcooked.
What is the sodium content of Walmart’s rotisserie chicken?
Walmart’s rotisserie chicken scores higher in terms of sodium content. 3 ounce serving of rotisserie chicken can contain around 690 milligrams of sodium. On the other hand, their competitors have comparatively lesser sodium.
Sam’s Club has 550 milligrams of sodium. On the other hand, Costco has less than 460 milligrams of sodium. Whole Foods has the lowest sodium content standing at 280 milligrams of sodium.
What exactly is rotisserie chicken?
Rotisserie chicken refers to a chicken meal that is cooked on a rotisserie. The chicken is cooked close to a heat source through electric or gas-based elements.
The meat is usually kept in a horizontal position next to the direct source of heat. As a result, there is an increased risk of overcooking food with this technique.
Sometimes, leftover rotisserie chicken pieces are used to prepare sandwiches, soups, or even added to chicken salads.
Which rotisserie chicken has been rated the highest?
Costco’s rotisserie chicken has been rated the highest. Many food ranking sites like Taste of Home, Eat this not that, and Snack girl have ranked rotisserie chicken favorably. Costco also has lesser sodium compared to its counterpart.
What other factors must be considered before buying Walmart’s rotisserie chickens?
Other factors that can be considered while buying Walmart’s rotisserie chickens are given below:
- Walmart sells fresh chickens. However, if the older chicken products are not sold, they tend to throw them away. Cooked chickens including fried ones that are only 4 hours old can also be thrown away.
They have a proper rotation period wherein they throw away chickens after 3-4 hours. This ensures that only fresh chicken is being sold. This can reduce the probability of developing food poisoning symptoms too.
- You can buy Walmart chickens for a discount or half the price. Older chickens are sold for a discount before being thrown away. This helps reduce wastage.
- You can frequent Walmart for rotisserie chicken if you do not want to cook large meals. The rotisserie chicken can be enough to feed 5-6 people.
- If you do not wish to visit the grocery stores for rotisserie chicken, you can simply buy the chicken online. You can use the Walmart store locator to check whether the delivery option is available in your location.
- Walmart obtains chickens from third-party companies. In some cases, it can procure chicken from farmers as well. The chickens that Walmart obtains tend to be cage-free or free-range.
- There are chicken seasonings available for rotisserie chicken. You can buy them online or check them out in the spice section of the store.
What times are Walmart’s rotisserie chicken available?
The availability of Rotisserie chickens can vary. For instance, some individuals report them being available at 10:30 am.
Yet others believe that it is available as soon as 8 am. If you wish to know when the rotisserie chickens are available, simply call the Deli department of Walmart to enquire. You can also use the store locator or enter your zip code to find the nearest Walmart store to enquire.
Why are rotisserie chickens popular?
Rotisserie chickens are popular as they have already been cooked. The meat is roasted and then sliced. It can be bought from grocery stores or bought online as well.
In this brief article, we have answered the question, “Can you buy a rotisserie chicken from Walmart?” and provided information on the sodium content of the chicken, what exactly is rotisserie chicken, factors to consider before buying chicken from Walmart as well as timings in which they are available.