In this brief article, we will answer the question, “Can you apply mint leaves to your hair?” and provide information on how mint benefits hair and skin, how to apply mint to the skin, how to create mint and curd hair masks, and whether you can use peppermint oil for hair.
Can you apply mint leaves to your hair?
Yes, mint leaves can be applied to your hair. Mint leaves can be an excellent solution to oily scalp. For the application of mint leaves to hair, grind mint and camphor leaves. Apply them to your hair and scalp.
After 20 minutes, you can wash your hair with water. You can apply shampoo or conditioner to rinse mint leaves off hair.
You can mix mint leaves with lemon too. Crush the mint leaves and mix lemon juice with them. Mix them well. Apply them to your hair and then wash them off with shampoo or conditioner. This will remove excess dandruff and dirt from hair.
How does mint benefit hair and skin?
- Mint can help in reducing acne breakouts. It has antibacterial properties. Salicylic acid present in mint can be useful against acne. Mint can be applied to the face after blenderizing the leaves. Keep them for a while before rinsing them off.
- Mint leaves can reduce wrinkling or aging. Thus, it has anti-aging properties. It makes the skin firm and contributes a glow to the face. A mint face mask can be applied to the face which can be removed later on to obtain fresh and glowing skin.
- Mint contains anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties. This can aid in reducing issues associated with the scalp. It can reduce dandruff, bacteria, and other infections which can affect the scalp.
- Mint can reduce hair fall. It can decrease split ends and prevent hair from breaking. Mint leaves can also contribute to shining and luster in hair.
- Mint can clean the skin and hair too. It has cleansing properties. Mint helps in the removal of oil and dirt. It also removes dead skin cells which can prevent hair loss and give a natural sheen to hair.
How to apply mint to the skin?
For the application of mint to the skin, blenderize mint leaves, bananas, and lemon. You can place them in a bowl after blenderizing them. Apply them to your face for a period of 20 minutes and then wash them off your face.
Bananas contain antioxidants that can remove free radicals and have anti-aging benefits. It can give proper moisture to the skin.
You can apply a combination of mint leaves and rosewater to the skin. Crush mint leaves. Add a tablespoon of rosewater to them. Apply this mixture to the face and then wash them off after 20 minutes.
How to make mint and curd hair masks?
For preparing the hair masks, you need mint leaves and curd. Initially, you have to grind mint. Once the mint is ground, add curd to them.
Mix them well. Apply mint curd mixture to each of the hair strands. Apply it around the tips of your hair. Allow them to keep in the hair for a period of 30 minutes and then wash them off.
Wash hair using a conditioner and shampoo. Use it as a mask and apply them twice a week for results.
Apart from this, mint and aloe vera masks can be applied as well. Puree the mint leaves and add aloe vera gel along with olive oil to them. Mix them well. Apply this to your hair and wash them off using a shampoo.
Can you use peppermint oil for hair?
Peppermint is a herb from the mint family. Peppermint oil has been widely used in many cosmetic products for hair and skin. The application of peppermint oil to the scalp can soothe itching.
In a study conducted on mice, it was found that the application of peppermint oil in them resulted in the production of thick hair.
The application of peppermint oil to the skin helped in soothing the skin. On the other hand, its application to the scalp helped in improving blood flow in the scalp region. It is also antimicrobial and anti-bacterial in nature. It does have anti-fungal properties as well.
The application of peppermint oil was seen to reduce the amount of dandruff on the scalp. It also reduced hair fall caused due to dandruff.
In this brief article, we have answered the question, “Can you apply mint leaves to your hair?” and provided information on how mint benefits hair and skin, how to apply mint to the skin, how to create mint and curd hair masks, and whether you can use peppermint oil for hair.