Can dogs eat mike and Ikes? 

Mike and Ikes are jelly beans that come in different citrus fruit flavours. These chewy candies come in different colours and flavours, including strawberry, orange, lime, and lemon. In this article, we will cover the concern “Can dog eat mike and Ikes?” and how it could affect your dog, and what to do if your dog accidentally eats these candies, etc. 

Can dogs eat mike and Ikes?

No, dogs cannot eat mike and ikes, because dogs cannot eat some chocolates, candies, and citrus snacks as treats. But some people forget this fact and think that kiddy treats like Mike and Ikes can also be good dog treats. These candies are made of processed sugar, starch, and preservatives, and all of these are not needed by your dog. 

If you feed this treat in massive amounts, then it could be harmful to your dogs. Mike and Ikes are those kinds of sweet treats that dogs can not eat because it is very lethal for the dogs. Some others include chocolates, bubble gums, and candies made of artificial sweeteners like xylitol. 

What are the other sweets that are toxic to your dogs?

Xylitol-containing sweets are very harmful to dogs. As it can cause several health issues at the same time in your pet, mike and Ikes also contain these artificial sweeteners. The following types of sweets are harmful to your dogs:

  • Dark Chocolate
  • Candies 
  • Baked goods 
  • Bubble gums 

Xylitol is highly harmful and toxic to dogs. It is present mainly in sugar-free bubble gums and other sweets. It can cause hypoglycemia, upset the stomach, and even damage the liver. Candies and sweets that contain dark chocolate and caffeine should also be avoided, as dark chocolate can cause theobromine poisoning in dogs. 

In extreme cases, it can even cause death. So if you are planning to give these types of sweets as a treat to your dog, it might not be a good decision. You should consult your veterinarian about the treats you can feed goodies.

What are the risks of giving mike and Ikes to dogs?

Since we know that the xylitol content of these sweet treats is toxic for your dog’s health. These are the following risks of giving Mike and Ikes, and some other sweets to dogs:

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhoea
  • Obesity
  • Stomach ache 
  • Tooth decay and cavities
  • Toxicity 
  • Change in metabolism
  • Loss of appetite
  • Diabetes 

What to do if your dog accidentally eats mike and Ikes?

 If you observe some usual reactions in your dogs after ingesting these candies, you should give some medication to induce vomiting. But it is best to immediately consult your veterinarian if there are any allergy symptoms or your dog is already suffering from diabetes before giving any medication on your own.

The massive amount of sugar in candies can trigger severe harmful reactions in dogs. So you should keep an eye on your pets and immediately take them to the veterinarian if you see any allergic reactions or choking.

What are some other treats you can give your dog?

Your dog can feed on different treats and candies other than mike and ikes. But these candies should not be consumed more than 10 grams. Candies like jolly ranchers, sour candy, candy corn, smarties, can be consumed by your dog.

Conclusion:

Today we covered the article “Can dogs eat mike and ikes? and how it affects your dog and what to do if your dog accidentally eats these candies, etc. If you want to give a treat to your dogs, give them some natural dog treats instead. 

Don’t think that small quantities of mike and Ikes as a treat to your dog are completely fine. Because when these candies and treats accumulate, it can cause severe health problems in the long run.

Mike and ikes cause life-threatening reactions in your pet due to its xylitol content. So it would be best to think before giving them to your dog. In case of any emergency, pay a visit to your veterinarian immediately.

References:

https://bondvet.com/b/can-cats-eat-sweets-what-you-should-know-about-cats-and-sugary-treats